Hands-On Organizing Support for your Client in his Home
I support therapists and related professionals in a team approach to client care. I work hands-on and side-by-side with your client to create physical and practical solutions which promote and maintain peaceful, positive change in his/her living space and environment.
This is what I can provide:
- Compassion, sensitivity and a good listening ear
- Insight into client’s living conditions and activities of daily living
- Organizational plan and strategy—a look at the overall picture—how best to assist client with management of his possessions
- Organizational skills: sorting, categorizing and organizing
- Customized systems—for paperwork, bill-paying, routines like laundry, cleaning, recycling, mealtime, bedtime, etc.
- The right tools for the space—file folders, storage containers, other supplies as needed
- Disposal, recycling, donation, sale/consignment of unwanted items
- Assistance with memorabilia, collections, photographs, and valuables
- Decluttering and organization of client off-site storage
- Prioritizing activities, scheduling, managing appointments, and time
- Decision making and motivation
- Help with changing non-productive behaviors
- Homework assignments, follow-up and maintenance programs
If the client agrees to share information and work as a team, a release will be signed at that time.